One of the bigger challenges of having twins is finding time to spend one-on-one with each baby. When you do everything together, and especially when you have them on the same schedule or routine for naps and feedings, it can be hard to get focused time with each child without the other one needing you also. Especially if you’re a stay at home parent, then it can be difficult.
Here are a few good ideas we have tried or want to try!
- Take one out on errands and leave the other with dad, or vis versa.
- If one wakes up from a nap earlier, spend that time with them, or do staggered naps.
- Put one in their crib or room for alone time for a few minutes while you do something with the other.
- Do bath time or bedtime routine separately so your spouse can be with one and you can give special attention to the other.
- Let one go to grandma’s or a friend’s for a special visit while you plan a special time with the other one.
- If they’re older, assign special chores for each one to help you with, so one can help you while the other plays/has independent play time and then you can switch.
- Plan special dates with each every now and then, like going for ice cream, and put it on the calendar so they have something to look forward to.
These are just a few ideas, do you have any more? I would love to hear from you in the comments below!